You must consider very carefully the combinations of subjects you choose to study. Ask yourself these two important questions:
- Am I going to enjoy the courses and succeed in them at the levels for which I am opting?
- Will choosing this particular course and combination of subjects allow me to progress into my chosen career, or higher education path?
Think about what you want to do at the end of your time in the sixth form:
- Are you hoping to get a job?
- Are you hoping to get onto a training course or an apprenticeship?
- Are you hoping to go to university?
Do not worry if you are unsure of the path you want to follow, but do make sure that you make realistic choices and keep your options open. Your proposed combination of subjects must be both practical and possible.
Who will help me make these decisions?
It is really important that you seek advice and listen to others when deciding which route you take and which subjects to study. Talk with your Subject Teachers, Curriculum Leaders, Form Tutors, Learning Leaders for Year 11 and the Sixth Form and your parents/guardians about the choices available to you.
Click on this link to find out more information about the pathways and courses available.