Attendance and timekeeping
Stockley Academy is committed to providing a fulfilling education to every child, and encouraging our students to strive for excellence. For a child to reach their full educational achievement, a high level of attendance is absolutely essential.
Regular attendance is not just a legal requirement, it is vital for students to maximise their learning, and achieve their full potential here at Stockley Academy. Research has shown that regular attendance and good punctuality are crucial factors in children achieving their full potential.
We will work in partnership with parents and carers and are seeking your full support to ensure that your child attends the Academy every day and on time. We will work together with parents and carers in resolving any difficulties but we are also committed to improving attendance levels at Stockley Academy. It is also a legal requirement for children to attend school.
100% attendance enables students to reach their potential
The target attendance figure for all students is 100%. Based on attendance figures your child will be placed in a group ranging from ‘no concern’ (100% attendance achieved) to ‘extreme concern’ (less than 90% attendance). Your child will be informed of their attendance group.
Key steps to ensure high attendance
There are a number of important steps that you as parent or carer can take to ensure your child maintains a high level of attendance:
- Ensure your child attends every day, on time, equipped and ready to learn.
- Ensure the Academy has up-to-date addresses and contact telephone numbers. This ensures that we can contact you about your child, and also can contact you in an emergency situation. We will contact you by text or by telephone if your child is absent and you have not contacted the Academy.
- If your child is ill, please contact the Academy to report their absence due to illness. Please make sure you phone the Academy every day your child is absent.
- If no contact is received regarding the absence, it is recorded as unauthorised. Ultimately the Academy is responsible for deciding if the absence is acceptable or not. Only genuine absence will be authorised. You will be asked to provide medical certificates if your child has a poor attendance record.
- Ensure that medical appointments are made outside of Academy time. If this is not possible, your child needs to register at the Academy before they are taken to the medical appointment. We will need to see medical evidence upon their return.
- Please avoid trivial absence such as, ‘buying new shoes’ or ‘getting a haircut’. This would not be accepted as a reasonable absence.
- Holidays should not be taken in term time. Holidays will not be authorised unless the circumstance is exceptional, and may result in a fixed penalty notice.
- Please respond promptly to Academy letters or telephone calls regarding attendance and punctuality.
- Do speak to your child’s Tutor or Head of House if you are experiencing difficulty in getting your child to the Academy.
|8.30am||Students arrive at the Academy|
|8.40am||Registration – in form rooms|
|11.05am||Break (20 mins)|
|13.25pm||Lunch (40 mins)|
|15.05pm||School ends – students must exit by Appletree Avenue|