The success of Stockley Academy is partly due to our sense of belonging to a community with shared values. This Home-School Agreement clarifies the roles and responsibilities of everyone who makes up our community and enables us to forge a confident and effective partnership as together we aspire to meet the highest educational and personal standards.
We invite all stakeholders to download and sign the Home-School Agreement to demonstrate their commitment to meet our shared goals.
The Academy will:
- Care for your child’s safety and happiness
- Ensure that your child achieves his or her full potential as a valued member of the school community
- Provide a balanced curriculum and meet the individual needs of your child subject to the requirements of the National Curriculum
- Ensure students achieve high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility and duty
- Contact parents or carers if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality or equipment
- Let parents or carers know of any concerns or problems that affect their child’s work or behaviour
- Report regularly to parents and carers
- Set, mark and monitor homework and class work
- Arrange Parents’ Evenings during which progress and achievement will be discussed
- Keep parents and carers informed about school activities and special events through regular letters, text messages, newsletters, social media postings and other notices.
As parent or carer I will:
- Ensure that my child goes to the Academy regularly and on time, dressed in accordance with the uniform rules* and fully equipped
- Support the Academy’s policies and guidelines for attendance, and avoid taking my child out of the Academy during term-time unless absolutely necessary
- Make the Academy aware of any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour
- Support the Academy’s policies and guidelines for behaviour*
- Support the Academy’s policies and guidelines for homework*
- Attend Parents’ Evenings and discussions about my child’s progress
- Get to know about my child’s life at the Academy.
As a student I will:
- Attend the Academy regularly and on time
- Bring all the equipment I need every day
- Wear the Academy uniform in accordance with the uniform rules and be tidy in my appearance
- Act responsibly and respectfully towards others
- Do all my class work and homework as well as I can
- Respect and look after the Academy building and its resources
- Keep the Academy free from litter and as tidy as possible
- Contribute positively to Academy life
- Seek help when necessary.
* Our policies and guidelines on uniform, behaviour and homework change from time to time and are available to download from the right hand column.