Students at Stockley Academy are entitled to free school meals if you as parent or carer are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (IBJSA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided that the annual income is less than £16,190 (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) and you are NOT in receipt of Working Tax Credit
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
Simple to apply
We actively encourage all families entitled to free school meals to make a claim, however we know that it can be both daunting and difficult to find the required evidence, bring it into the Academy for copying and wait for your paperwork to be returned. Some parents or carers are not even sure if they are entitled to free school meals, so they don’t apply.
In order to reduce the burden of evidence on our students’ parents and carers, and encourage as many as possible to apply, we have introduced a simple process.
- The Free School Meals application form can be downloaded from the column on the right. Please complete the form and return it to Stockley Academy’s Student Services. Don’t forget to include your National Insurance Number.
- Babcock 4S will process the application on our behalf and will confirm your eligibility with a simple ‘Entitled’ or ‘Not Entitled’. If any applications are returned to us as ‘Not Entitled’ we will inform you immediately. No other information is provided to the Academy and your details remain confidential.
- The application lasts for one year; however it is your responsibility to let us know if your circumstances change during the year.
Stockley Academy operates a cashless catering system, where all students purchase their meal via biometric finger recognition and there is no separate identification of those who receive free school meals.
Download the application for free school meals from the column on the right, or contact Student Services.